Go Back   Home Talk Entertainment Forums > Home Talk > Home Talk

Home Talk General chatting. Talk about whatever you want!

Sub-Forum: HTE Games- Entertain yourself with the games played here at HTE

Old 11-12-2007, 01:25 PM   #1
guest1

Default What does "RESTRICTED" mean on a cell phone display?

I've had several phone calls and that's what the display says. I answered three of them, and no one says anything. The last couple of calls I've ignored.

I emailed Verizon and they said they can't block the number; all I can do is change my phone number. I'm not changing my phone number because it's not that big of a deal.

Does it just mean they have an unlisted number, or they've chosen to block their name from appearing?
Old 11-12-2007, 01:28 PM   #2
COOL BEANS
VIP

i think they,ve chosen to block their number
COOL BEANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:31 PM   #3
Fender
Presidential Member

I'm not sure. but all you need to do is enter it into your phone and put a name with it, like DO NOT ANSWER and chose a ring tone for that that is silent or b=vibrate only and then just ignore it. that's what I do for the SPrint Sales people who constantly call. I can't block them, and in the contract it says they have permission to call, so I ignore it.
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:32 PM   #4
NYCgal
Royal Presidential Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL BEANS
i think they,ve chosen to block their number
Ditto. Now that I finally read my manual cover to cover I've learned how to turn my privacy feature on and off at will.
Veddy useful when asking fer the rent....oops

oh and I HAVE to tell ya.....should ever I get a car I want my plates to say : PAY YER RENT..... Thanks fer that one. It still makes me laff........
NYCgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #5
guest1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender
I'm not sure. but all you need to do is enter it into your phone and put a name with it, like DO NOT ANSWER and chose a ring tone for that that is silent or b=vibrate only and then just ignore it. that's what I do for the SPrint Sales people who constantly call. I can't block them, and in the contract it says they have permission to call, so I ignore it.
Hey, that's a good idea. It'll take me a month of Sundays to figure out how to do it, but I'll give it my best shot.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:42 PM   #6
Miss Priss
Elite Member

Ask one of your kids to do it for you.

I swear, they were born knowing all this stuff.
Miss Priss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:51 PM   #7
COOL BEANS
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCgalII
Ditto. Now that I finally read my manual cover to cover I've learned how to turn my privacy feature on and off at will.
Veddy useful when asking fer the rent....oops

oh and I HAVE to tell ya.....should ever I get a car I want my plates to say : PAY YER RENT..... Thanks fer that one. It still makes me laff........
LOL, yes. this feature comes in handy when hubby wants to call his family. I don't give my cellphone number to his family at all. so if he has to call them using my phone i either do the privacy feature or just do *67 to dial out. *67 doesn't cost anything and it blocks your number.
COOL BEANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:26 PM   #8
momto4
Royal Member

The only one that come up on my verizon phone as restricted it my sister's home phone number. It is unlisted. I have her name and number entered in my phone, yet it still comes up restricted when she calls me.
momto4 is offline   Reply With Quote